Eric, Ashley, Cooper, & Parker

Eric, Ashley, Cooper, & Parker

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Our week

This past week has been really tough.  My sweet Mamaw Powell passed away on Sunday.  Words cannot express the heartache I've felt this week.  I know she is in a better place, but I am sure going to miss her.  I would have loved to have more time with her here, but I'm also very thankful for all the wonderful memories I have of her. I couldn't have asked for a better Mamaw!  I loved her so very much!

 
On my wedding day!  She looked so beautiful!

I thank God that she was able to meet Cooper.  She was there the day he was born.


Precious!


Sweet hugs


 
I love this picture! She had the sweetest smile in the world! I'm so glad she got to see Cooper on his first birthday.

As sad as I am that she's not here with us anymore, I know that she and my Papaw are living it up in heaven right now, so that makes me happy thinking about that. 


Today was a big day!  For months, my sister in law and I have been training to do the Hottest Half race in Dallas.  Well, I can now officially say I have ran a half marathon (13.1 miles!).  Never in a million years would I have thought I could do something like that but I did it!  My goal was to run the entire thing and I did! We did it in 2 hours and 25 minutes.  Believe me, there were times we both wanted to stop, but we motivated each other and kept on going.  I'm so glad I was able to run my first 1/2 with one of my best friends! Its an experience I will never forget :)

Before the race!

We were almost at the finish line here.  Can you tell we were ready to cross it! HA!



We did it!!






No comments: